Sunday, January 8, 2012

sunday morning

Up early today. Devotion was Realize: 3 steps to sin. 1)Contemplation, 2) Rationalization,3) Consent. PS Sin always affects others---Ruth Bell Graham.   Gen.3:1-19, and Gen.6:5.
The serpent will tempt you to contemplate doing something you know God said NOT to do. You must rationalize what you are doing, and give consent to do it. The serpent can not make you do anything you don't want to do. He can only make it looking pleasing. Remember sin always looks pleasing, but you have to look beyond to the consequences. The consequences of sin is death. God said when you are born again, you take on a new form, the old is washed away. You are turn away from your old life, stop the things you did, and strive to live like Jesus which was sinfree. Now I know we can not live totally sinfree, and God knows that. We are humans therefore sinful, however we can turn from things we know is sinful. We must remember others are watching us, we must live to show God's love. Just because we are christians and washed in the blood, does not mean we are free to do as we please. We are to bring other to God, not shun them, or make them question what is so different. We need to show the world why we are different, and why they want to be in our family.
I have made one new years resolution, and that is to fast and grow closer to God. I hope that through this people will see God's love through me.

Concerning my projects. I have the bottom complete for the bag, and I ripped out the sweater. Ready to start over on it. Not sure how much crocheting I will get accomplished today. I really need to clean house and take care of some things I have neglected recently. I hope that doesn't take all day, and I can get a little crocheting in.

No comments:

Post a Comment